Thursday, July 10, 2008

like father, like son

Jeremy had a friend come over last night to help him mount the obnoxiously large plasma TV that was recently purchased for our living room. (Sorry guys out there, this is painful to read I know.) I do have to admit that it is pretty impressive, but I would have been happy with a smaller one. Once Parker saw Noggin on the big screen, however, there was no going back. This morning we had "Wonder Pets" on the smaller TV in the hearth room and Parker grunted and pointed to the new TV. Is this an inborn genetic male condition?

5 comments:

Leesa said...

Oh, that is just too funny!!!

Sarah said...

Emily...my husband is a television producer...imagine the drooling that occurs when we pass through any kind of tv section of a store! And, he always has a good argument--he needs these kinds of toys in order to help him in his craft. Whatever...I've been able to hold him off so far...but I know my years/days are numbered before we're going to have to take the plunge and get one. I would think it's a "male" thing, too...but I have to admit a big tv is pretty darn coooool.

emily said...

We conveniently sold the last TV (and sound system) with the house...so it gave Jeremy every excuse to use this opportunity to upgrade. This was all definitely planned well in advance.

Leesa said...

I checked with Brian. He just smiled and nodded in affirmation that yes, it's an inborn male trait. Good luck! :)

Rebekah said...

We have a super huge 52 inch plasma and, then when my dad came to see it he called it a "baby TV" because his is bigger. Yes, it's a guy thing.