Tuesday, June 17, 2008

flippy floppy luck

After the Lowes's delivery guys couldn't find my house on Saturday (we are on the main drag so go figure), I got a call from their spokesperson saying that when the driver opened the back of the truck during another dropoff the strap came loose and my highly-anticipated beautiful stainless steel double oven (that I happened to get for a STEAL because it was a floor model) fell off of the truck onto its glass face and smashed. I politely turned down their offer to order a replacement "part" (can you imagine how accurately an oven would bake after falling from a height of at least three feet) and instead negotiated for a new in-the-box replacement that should be here in two weeks. It all works out in the end. Right?

3 comments:

Leesa said...

Wow! I'd say things "tipped" in your favor! How long will you have to wait for the new replacement?

Leesa said...

Hmmm -- if I could read, I guess I would have noticed that you'll be waiting two weeks for the new oven. Pregnancy brain strikes again.

Rebekah said...

You aren't in the house for a couple more weeks anyway, right? Great timing!