Thursday, May 22, 2008

juggling

So, Jeremy is leaving next Tuesday on his first week-long business trip since Parker was born. I have to admit that I'm getting a bit worried. We have our day-to-day routine all worked out. Up with Parker at 5:30ish...one of us stays with him while the other one showers...etc. Since the shower in our current house is within earshot to Park's crib (and he's not exactly the deepest sleeper), night showers are pretty much out of the question. I guess the solution is to plop him back into the crib after a bottle and let the screaming ensue while I rinse off...I don't know how you stay at home moms or single moms do it by yourself all of the time! It would take constant planning and shuffling (and this is just planning on how I'm going to wash my hair - forget cooking breakfast/lunch/dinner, laundry.....)!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Good luck with Parker next week. You'll get through it fine. It does take some super scheduling---and plopping the kids in an exersaucer in front of the TV---to get it all done in the morning!

Leesa said...

Em, just give a call if you need anything -- even if it's just to have another adult around. I'll call and check in on you.

emily said...

Exersaucer?? He was able to climb out of that about 6 months ago!